The Webster Groves Public Library will start sign-ups for the Adult Summer Reading Program on June 1st. Everyone with a Webster Groves (or Municipal Library Consortium card) 18 or over is encouraged to sign up!
The theme this summer is ‘Dig Into Something New.’ This is a great chance to try out authors and genres that you usually don’t read! Each week we’ll have a different display featuring two genres along with a list of suggested reading. Keep up with our blog throughout the summer for our lists of recommended reading.
For every book you read this through August 15 (up to 5 books total) you’ll be entered in the grand prize drawing for a Kindle Fire.
Runners-up will receive prizes from the Friends of the Library and our local sponsors:
- 4 pack of tickets to the Museum of Transportation
- $25 certificate to Krueger’s Pottery
- Friends of the Library zippered tote bag
- Framed Madeleine Engelbreit prints
Throughout the summer we’ll be holding special programs including:
Don’t You Just Love a Mystery?
We invite you to go beyond Agatha Christie and discover new and local Missouri mystery writers. We’ll be discussing a variety of styles, from thrillers, futuristic, humorous, and historical to cozy mysteries, so you’re sure to find something you like! Attendees will have the chance to win signed copies from some of these exciting authors. Light refreshments will be provided.
Dig Into Pinterest
Come learn about the social media site Pinterest, a site for ‘collecting and organizing the things you love!’ We’ll walk you through the basics to set up your profile and start pinning. Reserve your space today to guarantee a library computer for the class by calling 314. 961. 3784. No need for registration if you plan on bringing a personal laptop or tablet.
Join us the first Saturday and first Tuesday of each month for book discussion! Book discussion is free and open to everyone.
1. Read books or listen to audiobooks checked out of a library through Thursday, August 15. E-books may be borrowed from the library’s website: overdrive.mlcstl.org
2. Record reading in your reading log by writing down the titles and authors of books you have finished. (The reading log, along with other materials will be given to you when you register).
3. Earn extra grand prize tickets by attending special library programs this summer or by writing a book review.
4. Return your grand prize tickets to the circulation desk by Thursday, August 15 for your chance to win. You may only collect one grand prize.
5. Prizes for participating in the program and finishing at least 3 books may be collected between July 31 and August 20.
Interested in learning more? Come visit us at the library! Registration will be held at the circulation desk.