On December 10 Webster Groves Public Library, along with our 8 partner libraries in the Municipal Library Consortium, will start using a completely new computer system. We’re very excited about the change, which will allow us to provide better, faster, more secure service in many ways.
But what’s most important for you to know as a library user is that we will have a great new catalog for you to use for finding library materials, keeping track of your account, handling your library requests, and much, much more. With our new catalog you will be able to:
- Create targeted searches to find exactly what you want, limited by media type (book, movie, e-book, etc.)
- Easily create reading lists and wish lists
- Pay your library fines on line
- Update your contact information and account preferences without having to visit the library
- Set up an individual username so you no longer have to enter your library card number
- Create saved searches so you will be notified when your favorite authors publish new books
- Choose if you would like the catalog to track your reading history, so you know the books you’re already read
- Read book reviews right from the catalog, and submit your own reviews
There are many more features guaranteed to make your library experience easier, more enjoyable, and more productive. As soon as we are up and running with our new catalog we’ll start scheduling classes to teach you how to use it, so stay tuned!