Check out this post to see how to:
- Log in
- Change your personal information
- Find items
- Place holds
- Access your account by clicking on the “My Account” link on the WGPL home page. www.wgpl.org
2. Type your barcode (found on the back of your library card, also known as your full library card number) and password into the boxes. If it’s the first time you’re logging in, your password is 1234.
Managing Your Account
Once you’re logged in, you can make all kinds of changes to your information, including creating a username, changing your password, creating a check-out history, renewing items, and estimating fines and fees. All of these options can be managed under the “My Account” tab at the top of the page.
- Creating a Username and Password:
- These changes are accessed by expanding the “Change Logon” section at the bottom of the “My Account” page. Make sure to click the box next to “Change Username” or “Change Password” before you start typing. And make sure to click save!
2. Creating a Check-out History:
- If you want to keep track of all the things you’ve checked out, make sure you check the box next to “Maintain Reading History” in the “Contact Information and Preferences” section. Please note that this will only keep track of things that are checked out going forward from the date you chose that option.
3. Seeing What is Checked Out & Renewing Items:
To view a list of the items you have checked out, click on “Items Out” in the menu on the left-hand side of the page, or choose “Items Out” from the list under the “My Account” tab at the top of the page.
To renew items, click the box next to the title and then click on “Renew Selected Items.” Simply click on “Renew All Items” to renew everything.
4. Estimating Fees & Fines:
The amount you currently owe in fines & fees is listed next to “Fines & Fees” on the left side of the page. Click on those words to see an itemized list. Click on “Estimate Overdue Fines” and then choose a date from the drop-down calendar to find out how much you’ll owe if you turn items in and pay at a later date.
Searching & Placing Holds
Start any search by typing the title, author, or subject into the search bar on the catalog’s main page and pressing enter. This will give you the widest search results; narrower initial results can be found by clicking on one of the choices below the main search bar.
To narrow your search, click on any of the options under “Narrow Your Search” on the left side of the page. Among the options are: format, owning library, language, series information, and subject. You can also choose “More” under most of those headings to see other options listed.
Click on the title to find out more about a specific item, including the plot summary, availability, location of copies in the MLC, and suggestions of similar titles.
To place a hold, click on “Place Request” on the right side of the page. You will be prompted to select a pickup library. After choosing a library, you’ll see a page confirming that your hold has been placed; this page will also allow you to confirm your contact information. Note: if you’re placing a hold on a popular title, you may have an additional step letting you know how many holds are currently on the item, and asking you if you’re sure you want to proceed with the hold request.
For further assistance or questions please contact the Reference Desk.
By phone – (314) 961-7277
By email – email@example.com